CRM aims to streamline and create more time for customer caring activities. Here’s another tip on how to save yourself and everyone around you lots of time: smart e-mail management.
I receive and send incredible amounts of mail every day. Does this sound familiar? In order to save your recipients some time, I suggest that you check the list below and think about how you can use it.
Checklist for smarter e-mails
Go through the following bullets before sending your next message. You will appear to be a much more practical person who is easy to work with.
Never send an e-mail:
- at the wrong time.
- that you don’t have purpose with.
- without a clear question that the recipient can act on.
- with recipients who are not directly affected by the email.
- mixed Information; discussions, information or instructions.
- with “Reply to all” unless everyone needs the information.
Use an established prefix in the subject line
In order for your message to be more clear, use a prefix in the subject line that describes your e-mail. These are more or less standard ones:
- FYI: (For your information)
- Q: (Question)